Night at Macbeth's

on Saturday, January 17, 2009


This castle is in a pleasant place. The air is sweet and appeals to my refined senses. My fine hosts, the Macbeth's have always been so welcoming and hospitable to me. This chamber is certainly one of the comfiest and royal chambers I have slept in outside of Dunsinane. Macbeth has always been such a loyal soldier to me and my kingdom. I am still in shock about the previous Thane of Cawdor. I cannot believe he would betray his country and all his people. Macbeth was definitely the right choice to be the new Thane of Cawdor. He is trustworthy, loyal, and will do anything for his people and his king. I remember Macbeth as a youngster running around the outskirts of Dunsinane, just as if it were yesterday. He used to occupy Malcolm and Donaldbain when I was busy tending to the country. He was almost like an older brother for them. I am quite lucky that Macbeth was there to spend time with them and give them the attention they needed. When Macbeth started dating Lady Macbeth, she was always there for them too. She is such a dear with a smile that could light up the world. They will definitely make fine parents someday. Royalty and a line of kings have been in my family for generations and Malcolm is my immediate heir to my throne. If something shall happen to him then of course Donaldbain would be next in line. Macbeth has been so close to my family I would be honoured to have him take over my throne if it was ever needed. I shall share this great news with him first thing in the morning. I’m sure he will be delighted.


- Tasleema Rasool


0 comments:

Post a Comment