Heir to my Throne

on Sunday, January 18, 2009


What a great night! The moon is white and the stars shine bright. Is the dark sky trying to tell me something that I should be aware of? Is this telling me that I can rest without any worries or is it a sign of trouble times of the future? I don’t quite understand. But, something in my heart tells me that the dark sky is announcing something horrifying. Is it about the end of my life? If it is, this truth will surround me with terror and will surround my kingdom with grief. What should I do? I don’t know what kind of situation my absence would create in my kingdom. Nobody lives forever, and I know I won’t. Oh lord! But, how can I think like this? I am the King of Scotland and I am the leader. If I become a coward, my kingdom will be ashamed and how can I forget my son, Malcolm? Yes, Malcolm, my dearest, oldest son. He should be named heir to the throne.

What about my other son, Donalbain? As a father, how can I be so unfair to my sons? This is a difficult moment. Malcolm deserves to be king as because he is the oldest, however, on the other hand, Donalbain is also my son and I think he is more capable enough to become the king. In this uncertainty, I can’t think properly. I should calm myself down and come to a final decision. Should it be Malcolm or should it be Donalbain?


I should think as a king of Scotland, not as a father. This might make my work easier. If I think as a king, I cannot and I should not go against the tradition of my kingdom. Therefore, it should be Malcolm and I am going to respect my traditions. I am going to declare this good news tomorrow morning. I will send an invitation to Macbeth since he has done so much for me and Banquo who deserves no less. This will be a double celebration and will surround my palace with everlastingly joy.


The good times are not much far away. So I should get a good sleep tonight since tomorrow’s great morning will announce the news of double celebration.


-Annesha Bhowmik

0 comments:

Post a Comment